Why is Gradicle such a firm believer in studying in the US? After all, America does not hold everything.
For a start, they failed at controlling the COVID-19 pandemic. The US ranked #1 in 2020 with the growing number of Covid-19 cases.
America has two city in the top 10 cities with highest murder rate in the world.
They had strong immigration laws against people crossing the border. Immigrant families have broken apart every day to keep the walls safe.
America comprises two cities among the top 10 cities with the highest murder rate in the world.
There was havoc with the Black Lives Matter movement. The nation is called “a nation of immigrants” by John F. Kennedy, and yet there are strict immigration laws that are making it harder for talented people to survive here, and just like this, the list goes on for a lot of other countries as well.
The world’s divided into developed, developing, and underdeveloped countries. Countries falling in any of these categories have some or the other issue.
We think Singapore and Nordic countries have done an excellent job finding the right balance between community acceptance, quality of life, and peace. But it doesn’t define how immigrants feel in that nation.
Remember, there are always two sides to a coin. To give you an example, whether you like a city or a country you visited depends a lot on your company and the places where you stay.
A few reasons why the US is such a great country to study in
If you look at the top universities globally, you will see that out of the top 20, 15 universities are from the US. The way these rankings are determined is by looking at 1500 top institutions across 86 countries. There are 13 indicators used for this process. Some of them are publications, citations, regional research reputation, international collaboration, etc. This ranking may not be entirely accurate for the course you are planning to go for. But it gives a good sense of what we are talking about. There are a plethora of universities in the US that are world-class.
- Harvard University 🇺🇸
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 🇺🇸
- Stanford University 🇺🇸
- University of California–Berkeley 🇺🇸
- University of Oxford 🇬🇧
- Columbia University 🇺🇸
- California Institute of Technology 🇺🇸
- University of Washington 🇺🇸
- University of Cambridge 🇬🇧
- Johns Hopkins University 🇺🇸
- Princeton University 🇺🇸
- Yale University 🇺🇸
- University of California–Los Angeles 🇺🇸
- University of Pennsylvania 🇺🇸
- University of California–San Francisco 🇺🇸
- University of Chicago 🇺🇸
- University of Michigan–Ann Arbor 🇺🇸
- University of Toronto 🇨🇦
- University College London 🇬🇧
- Imperial College London 🇬🇧
You can read more about the ranking methodology here.
We put language so high up is because it is one of the most underrated tools we take for granted.
Communicating with another person either face to face or on a call and not having to think about how the words are coming out of your mouth is fantastic. If you go to any Asian or European country, it’s pretty standard for students to face a problem while learning the local language. Some students learn it quickly, and some never get the hang of it.
Initially, you might have issues with understanding some heavy English accents, but TV shows have made it much easier for us, in general, not to have these issues.
Courses Available 📚
Along with a massive university list to choose from, you have a longer list of courses you can do here. From MEM to CS to public policy, you can do many courses and, more importantly, end up with a job in the same field. We have seen many cases in developing countries where people do one degree and end up working in precisely another, merely because there is no job in their field; well, that usually isn’t a problem here.
Let’s talk about what everyone is thinking; how much money am I going to make once I finish my course. After all, I have to pay back my loan.
On average, a computer science graduate student makes over $100,000 in a state like California & New York, and an architect can earn anywhere between $55,000-$80,000. Most of the companies have a 5-day work rule, and it’s implemented vigorously. A Saturday is a Saturday; there shouldn’t be any work on the weekends.
You can look up more salaries on this website – payscale.com.
Think like a student sitting in his hostel/dorm room and is wondering how life will be different once I come to the US unless you are a student sitting in his dorm room, then you can think like you. The amount of money you will bring home is usually enough for you to pay back your loan quickly and start saving up.
We have seen students buying houses at the age of 27, buying cars like Audi. They may not pay it off right away, but the ability to think further and take it to a whole new level is given by the amount of money you make, and yes, America does give you a taste of that dream.
Work Culture 👨💼
As we talked about five day work week, let’s talk about some of the nice things companies do for employees here other than giving them good pay.
- Some companies hold a quarterly concert. We know Apple does this pretty often. They have previously invited Steve Wonder, Maroon 5, and OneRepublic to perform. They also get a substantial discount on any apple product they purchase.
- Companies will pay you relocation, give you an apartment, or rent for a month when you join a new job, and you come out of state. They want you to stay comfortable and the transition to be smoother.
- A weekend is a weekend. The weekend is for fun and family; they do not expect you to work on Saturday. They hope you unwind and get ready to push next week.
- Few companies do a yearly event where they take their employees on vacation for a company retreat.
- Companies do not hesitate to spend money on employee growth. American companies are well known for funding their employees higher degree education and pay for any training they would like to take. It helps the company work more efficiently and recoup their money through employees’ better knowledge of the topics.
- You can get benefits anywhere ranging from higher pay, stock options, a car for your day-to-day travel, or even an apartment.
Now you must be wondering why companies give so many benefits to their employees. Shouldn’t it be the other way? Shouldn’t the employees already be working hard since they are getting paid? Well no!!!
The companies offer all these benefits aside from a salary because they want to retain employees. They want to keep good talent within. They spend a lot of time finding the right match for the culture they have created, and maintaining that culture is one of the core duties.
Quality of Life 🧬
It’s as simple as the title suggests. The standard of living is higher because people are making more money than they need to live. Cars, petrol, and groceries do not cost as much as people would think. Spending: The income ratio is low.
There is a standard that is maintained all across the country. An apartment will have lovely carpeting and heating-cooling units. Daily products are better in quality since there is a criterion the government has enforced.
And that’s all, folks; these were a few of the many reasons we think motivate people to come here, work, and raise families.